How we can help you survive Coronavirus & transform your business
Our Thinking the Unthinkable focus is on the human capacity of leaders to adapt, survive and thrive in radical uncertainty. For five years, we have helped leaders to confront and embrace volatility and uncertainty. Within days Covid-19 has taken this challenge to even greater levels.
We are all experiencing and confronting the unthinkable. The new realities must now be compared to a time of war.
To survive, businesses and their leaders are having to handle at high speed brutal new realities which they have never had to consider or plan for. The threats are existential on multiple fronts from what the Prime Minister has labelled “the worst public health crisis in a generation”.
The unthinkables are stark for us all, both for human survival and business survival. Just keeping going is a huge challenge. In parallel is a looming major recession which must be assumed to be far more complex and potentially wide-ranging than the 2007/8 financial crisis. It is not driven by financial failure, but human vulnerability to a deadly medical condition.
BC – Before Coronavirus – a large number of leaders were confidentially revealing to us that they were already ‘scared’ by the existential challenges they faced, especially from the climate emergency. Coronavirus means they now face suddenly even deeper and wider anxieties just to keep their business solvent and their employees in work.
We are all in uncharted territory. Leaders have no option but to learn and adapt rapidly. The lessons are brutal because current business models are out-of-date. Conformist, cautious thinking will only kill your company.
We can help you to adapt and innovate how you lead.
We can guide you how to have difficult conversations on transforming your organisation; how to move away from command and control, and how to draw on the insights of your staff. We can also help you frame frank conversations with worried staff about the future of your business. We can help you to adapt at speed to a protracted period of remote working.
You need to act fast. TTU can help and support you. Short term, we can offer immediate help with communications. Medium term, we can help you transform your leaderhsip and your organisation to make it fit for the new era of radical uncertainty.
We will draw on our team of experts in business transformation, data analytics, neuroscience and crisis management and communications.
What We Offer:
- A critical understanding of the impact on your organisation and leadership from an existential challenge like Coronavirus over the next two years.
- Encouragement to engage in the necessary difficult discussions at all levels. As trusted outsiders we can help facilitate those conversations online.
- Co-designing highly interactive, tailored sessions to help you communicate and listen rapidly to your staff who face the unprecedented challenge of working remotely under quarantine conditions.
- Independent and confidential data analysis of the public information and guidance available with cutting edge tools. This is framed by our unique database of research on leadership.
- Advice on using digital communications including webcasts and podcasts to get key messages to suppliers and customers.
- Capability to design and deliver online events – conferences, or ‘all hands’ staff meetings, or key client-facing events that can replicate face-to-face interaction.
- Advice for developing new working practices that ensure robust, inclusive debate to optimise decision making and information flows.
- Discreet support on developing management and leadership skills to maximise effectiveness from remote working.
- Expertise on how to use online tools effectively and productively internally to maintain morale and engagement when significant numbers of staff will be sick, facing loneliness, or coping with illness in their families.
- Accelerate capabilities in your firm to combat loneliness and build new communities and common interest groups. The aim is to maintain robust commitment, engagement, mental health and community connection.
- Building new resilience into the business so it is better able to cope with inevitable future external shocks. This must include recurring coronavirus epidemics.
- Horizon scanning, scenario and action-planning for sustaining and transforming your organisation. After the pandemic we anticipate fundamental changes in society and a ‘new normal’ for business models.
- Bring forward and accelerate work on critical projects during periods of disruption.
- The climate emergency continues to intensify in parallel to Coronavirus. It remains a parallel existential threat for business. We will encourage you to accelerate and embed new responses. This must include reducing your organisation’s carbon footprint plus signposting a positive impact for investors, customers and employees in ways that allay anxieties of the community at large.
Leave a message below or contact us directly